Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Wife... again

I'm a wife again.

There, I said it.

Whew

I've been writing and deleting this post over and over again trying to find the right words to convey the absolute awesomeness of it all, but the words were getting to be too many and the descriptions too long and I finally realized there aren't enough words in the world to describe the state of happiness I'm in.

Everybody saw awwwww!

It's surreal being married again. I never thought it would happen. When I was first separated and then divorced from my ex husband, I thought "this was it. I'll never find someone again." The idea of dating was daunting. What if I met someone and fell in love and he turned out to be an alcoholic or drug user or wife beater? I admit, I was pretty lucky marrying my high school sweetheart. He was none of those things that I feared. He was a stand up guy, until he wasn't. Plus, my heart wasn't ready to love again. I was 5 months newly divorced when we met. I was still picking up the pieces of my life that had been so severely broken; learning who I was and where I contributed to the ending of my marriage so that I didn't bring those issues into a new relationship. I knew I wanted to be whole and healed. I wasn't and it scared me, but he was patient. After 2 years of dating, mixing our families, countless hours of working out logistics of parenting our kids separately together (if that makes sense), we made it official.

It was a small ceremony at the court house with just a few friends in attendance. The judge was so sweet and his words were beautiful. I was so relieved to know he was a christian judge as well. We stood there and pledged our love forever. It got so mushy that by the time we got to the "I do's" I considered just saying "DUH" instead to break up the mush of it all. (I didn't, but I now I wish I had. Maybe when we renew our vows. right honey?)

What? I HAD TO BREAK UP THE MUSHY!



1 comment:

  1. Love how you broke up the mushy... but you guys really do make a cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete